I am currently accepting select Adult, Young Adult, or Middle Grade books for review. You can send emails to alliecatreads(at)gmail(dot)com.
I accept print ARCs, finished copies, and audiobooks. If the book is a part of a series, then I may need the previous books. If you are requesting an audiobook review, then I may request a print copy of the book as well.
I am accepting books from indie authors, but am not accepting e-books at this time. Any review requests for electronic books will be denied. Exceptions include those already on my TBR on Goodreads.
I accept Adult, Young Adult, and Middle Grade fiction in the following genres:
- Historical fiction and select historical non-fiction
- Fairy tale/myth retellings
- Gothic horror/romance
- “Issues” books (dying mothers, cancer diagnoses, mental illnesses, family drama, etc)
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- Non-fiction (with the exception of select historical books)
- Memoirs/modern biographies
- Extremely political or “hot button” topics
- Free verse novels
- Short story compilations
- Overtly preachy religious fiction (Christian values are fine)
If I accept a book for review, that does not guarantee a review.
I will post an honest review and make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion and with regard to release dates, but I cannot guarantee this. I prefer to receive a book 3-4 months prior to when you would like the review posted.
I review almost every book I finish. All reviews will also be posted on Goodreads and they may be modified.
I write fair and honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. My reviews are my opinion, and if I don’t enjoy a book then my review will reflect that.
With that said, I strive to explain why the book in question did not work for me personally. I do NOT write nasty or snarky commentary about the author.
All reviews will include the following:
- Brief Synopsis
- Description of characters
- Discussion of plot
- My overall thoughts and rating*
*My ratings are based on my personal enjoyment of the book and are not meant to be objective ratings.